Our friend John, HK3C, (you remember him…CQ Canada…formerly with RAC…generally nice guy…decent contester) well he and I keep in contact over the years and we send each other bits and pieces we think the other will like.
For the non-readers here’s the executive summary:
- large organizations suffer from congenital disabilities
- inertial is the first
- orgs rarely change even in the face of crisis
- when it happens it’s belated and convulsive
- usually it requires an overhaul of the exec. team
- org. structures inherently toxic and limit break-out thinking
- large orgs are emotionally insipid
- little “fixes” don’t work
- managers know how to command obedience
- no idea how to motivate volunteers
Doesn’t this sound like the RAC we have now?